Friday, January 25, 2013

Local Love ~ Silver Bliss Shop~




Isn't there something  ~extra~ special about a gift that is handmade by a local artist? 
I mean, if you had a choice between a personalized hand-stamped necklace from an artist in your community or one sent from half way around the world, which would you choose?

For me, as much as I believe it is important to support artists from all over, I would have to choose a local artist.

The picture shown above was a Christmas gift from my husband. My friends, who own Silver Bliss Shop, designed this piece especially for me. What I love most is the precision that it took to make this necklace work. It is obvious that each word had to be spaced evenly, and consideration had to be made in order for the paper plane to lay between each word. Every time I wear it, I think about the time they took to make this piece. I think about my dreams of running my own business, writing a book, and how important it is to learn everyday from people who love what they do! 

I truly love being surrounded by people who are doing what they love. And my friends certainly are doing that!

Here is a bit about the girls behind Silver Bliss....


Shelley Abernethy and Susan Williams are sisters that have a heart, a passion, a love for beautiful jewelry. In 2012 they started hand-stamping jewelry. I remember when they ordered the metal stamping kit. I remember when they told me how hard it was to get the letters perfectly stamped. What I remember most is that they didn't stop. It didn't matter that their first piece wasn't perfect. Art isn't supposed to be perfect. But as they continued, their pieces truly became just that... perfect.

I asked both of them what they love most about Silver Bliss and this is what they said.

Shelley-
"I love the one of a kind, custom orders- I love that people ask for names, quotes, dates that no one else has. This makes each piece truly special."

Susan- 
"I love seeing the face of a customer who see their personalized item for the first time. Whether it's the names of their children or their pet, it is always the look of pure joy when they know they are wearing a special piece, made just for them, with their loved one's name. So sweet, and it never gets old."

So today I encourage you, wherever you live, show some local love to an artist. There is a very good chance they put their heart and soul into what they are hoping to share with you!

Be Blessed



No comments: