Thursday, January 24, 2013

Finish

I realllllly wish that I loved to run.
I just don't.
It takes every ounce of willpower to get myself out of bed.
It takes every ounce of endurance to keep going after the first mile.

But I love how I feel when I finish.
That's really the only time I love running--- when it's over.

So, here's my question to myself...

If I love how I feel when it's over, why do I toil over the "getting there?"

I guess my answer to myself would be that "the getting there is the hardest part sometimes."

Isn't this true for most things in our life?

We worry our way through the mess.
We wonder how things will turn out?
We get anxious about tomorrow.

Why?

We know it is all going to work out.
We know who saved us.
We know we are loved.

My husband always says, "I've read the back of the book, and it all works out in the end."

So where are you today?
Are you in a place where you feel like giving up?
Throwing in the towel?
Walking away from it all?

Hold on.
You are almost there.
Finish.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, finished His race on the cross.
Surely, we can finish the race we have started.


214765475950179477_GJekyxyK.jpg


No comments: