Thursday, January 17, 2013

a picture

Question for you.

When was the last time you went on vacation and didn't look at a picture of your destination before you left?

How about.... Never (at least for me)!

We love to know where we are going, don't we.
Pictures persuade us, inspire us, unite us, and
 create a longing for places we have never been.

Where is that "place" for you?
Maybe it's the beach
the mountains

or maybe it's just
your home.

Here is a picture of my first home.
One of my top twelve places, indeed!




You look at the picture and see
green grass
a log home
and some trees in the background.

I see the picture and I see
our tire swing
our front yard football games
halloween parties
slip-n-Slide
our clubhouse
I see memories.
I see love.

What do you see when you look at your home?
What do you "want" to see when you look at your home?

Take a look around today. Does your home reflect your heart?

Right now, as I look around, I see a few pacifiers and dried milk spots on the floor.
And I love it!

Soon the pacifiers will be gone.
Milk will be replaced with dirty shoe marks and mud.
Formula cans will disappear.

Well for a little while. Hopefully we will get the chance
to experience it all again with a second.
(God-willing)

So.
Appreciate what your home is right now
Whether it's perfectly organized or a perfect mess.
Be thankful.
You have a home.

If you are unhappy with how your home looks
Change it.
Add some paint.
Get a new candle.
Make a wreath.
Get inspired on pinterest.

Whatever you do, do it with love
and I can guarantee it will be beautiful.

Grace and Peace.





No comments: