Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Embrace Your Place

Where are you right now, friend?
Yes, I mean right this very minute.

I'm sitting in the quiet of my home, baby asleep, husband planning.

I invite you to take a moment and embrace the space you are in.

Look around, take a breath, be still and embrace who you are, where you've been, and who you will be tomorrow.

Are you okay with that? Embracing your life just as it is?
This season- This time- This space
is just where you need to be.

How do I know this?
Because I believe in the Word
I believe in Jesus Christ.
And I believe in Romans 8:28--that all things are working together for good.

Today I sought to embrace the ugly beautiful. And let me just say it was a beautiful thing.
The ugly beautiful is everywhere, in all we see, all we say, and all we do.
I found ugly in spit up, in trash, in broken glass, and I found it in the dust of my floor.
I found the beautiful in clean dishes, fresh laundry, sunrise, family dinner, and the most amazing video of Carrie Caine speaking to Liberty University. (Her video is posted at the end)

Every.single.word she spoke was God-breathed.
She broke parts of my heart that needed to be broken.
She reminded me that we have a job to do in this world.
Regardless of our job positions, bank accounts, and 401K Plans
We have one job to do and that is TO SERVE.
To serve we must die to self and fix our eyes on the Lord.

Dying to self is hard. It's ugly. It's a struggle.
But when fix our eyes on our great God and follow Him.
There is nothing more beautiful than that.
Living by faith, each day, for HIM!

Whoever you are and Whatever you do.
Embrace your place.
Be okay with where you are.
Remember that "now is not forever"
And go serve.
Our hurting country and our broken world
Needs you NOW!

Go!

~andrea~

Take 30 minutes of your day to listen to Christine and I
PROMISE that you will be blessed.







No comments: