Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily- A God-Sized Dream Story




We sing this song when we row our boats, right? I'm not sure about your boat right now
But my boat is unsteady, has a few holes in it, and is going in a direction I never thought it would.

Obviously, I mean my "life" boat. Although I do long to have a real boat one day, for now my 2005 Ford Focus will take me where I need to go

That song sure does make like seem appealing doesn't it? 

Holly Gerth, over at http://hollygerth.com challenged her readers to share a "God-Sized Dream Story." 
I encourage you to read her story on her blog. She is wonderful.

So back to the beautiful boat ride.

Ahhh, yes
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily.

My God-Sized Dream started back in the fall.

I thought I had landed my "dream-job"---teaching kindergarten full-time. That dream-job is now being lived out in the walls of my home and behind the walls at 127 South Main Street, Suite F

Funny how our plans are really not ours to begin with. 

My dream began with fear, hurt, and unsteadiness in my soul.
I could feel God's spirit moving in my life. Taking me out of the comfortable and into the "real"

Those uncertain feelings in my soul have transformed me to my core and left me with hope, joy, and contentment in the now of life. My now is filled with bottle cleaning, extra loads of laundry and moment-to-moment experiences with with son. My now is writing. I am working on my book, day by day. It is slowly making more sense to me, as I know it has to make sense to me before it can make sense to you. I pray you'll read it one day. I pray for a chance from a publisher who believes in my words. My now is a business in my studio where I teach and inspire others to let their creativity shine through in all they do. From birthday parties to enjoying "paint-parties" with my super-inspiring friend Shelley at Art Space--- My God-Sized Dream is happening- now! 

Our dreams happen when we let go.
When we let God use us for His good.

Do you have a God-sized dream?
Are you living yours out right now?

Share yours today!

In the meantime I'm gonna hand over my "oars" in my boat to God.
I'll let him lead me and I'll let him sing
"merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily"
because one day, when my journey is done, and all my dreaming is lived out.
My heavenly home will be just that. 
Merry.



No comments: