Wednesday, February 20, 2013

teach us to pray

Okay my friends, if you have some time...I have a little assignment for you.

First, go get quiet.
Unplug, find a chair, and take a big deep belly breath.

Now, open your bible to Matthew 6:9

Ask the holy spirit to renew your mind and slowly read the words on the page.
Remember to go slow.

Our father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be your name
Your kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,  and the power
 and the glory forever.

Amen

It's the perfect prayer.
The prayer Jesus spoke.
The prayer we should speak daily.

It represents all that is
and all that will come.

Okay, I still need you for a bit longer.
I want you to listen to the beauty of this song.
It is by Christa Wells and Nicole Witt
(yes, they are coming to Mount Holly)
It's called "Teach us to Pray."
When I hear this song, I can hear the Holy Spirit.
Listen closely, keep your heart open, and be blessed!







No comments: