Monday, February 4, 2013

Dear you,

Today I woke up needing answers.
Answers to questions I have no control over.
Answers that require others to take action.

That's a hard thing.

I called mom.
She said, "Just be still and listen today, Andrea."

So here I am
being still
breathing
wondering
still worrying
and
listening.

I find stillness when I write.
I hear things that I can't when I talk.
I read things I can't understand if I'm moving.

So in the midst of stillness I found this. Enjoy a moment of peace, as I did. You will surely be blessed!

The author is Julia Fehrenbacher. She is also a painter. You can see her work at http://paintedpath.org


Dear you
you, the one reading these words
you, with your ancient, wanting heart
you, wondering if you'll ever
get it right

I invite you to pause
for a moment
to listen to the space
between
these words
to the space where softness
rests
and hunger
fades

to the space that so
gently
asks you to
stop
the thoughts
that doubt your worth
to stop the voices that compare
and leave you feeling
less

There is no less
there are no shadows or shoulds, no pretty or good
no bad or broken, no right or wrong in
Love

There is only this breath
and that which breathes it
there is only You
and your giggling, fully blossomed
Self

No comments: