Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 3 ~Heartburn

And they said to one another, ‘Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?’” (Luke 24:32, NKJV

60 million people suffer from heartburn.
And the interesting thing about heartburn is that it's not an issue of the heart.
It's an issue of the digestive system.
But those who have experienced it, know that feeling. And it truly feels like a burning sensation of the heart.

But there is another kind of burning.
A holy kind of heartburn.
The kind that stirs you
and moves you and sometimes shakes you up.

What if all of us burned for what we believe in and let the heart burn happen?

Today I saw God in so many seconds.
I saw him this morning on my porch as the sky shifted from hues of pink to orange in minutes.
I saw him in a conversation with a teacher about a student who "just needs to move" to learn.
I saw him in my studio.

Oh, was he there.

I asked my artists, "If in this moment, they could paint anything on canvas, what would it be?"

My favorite response was this...

"I would paint my feelings."
"You know, like you can use certain colors to paint how you are feeling."

And from there... we conversed about how colors made us feel.

I love kid artists. Maybe because I still feel like one.

But she gets it.
She understands color, and beauty, and feelings.
Matters of the heart.

What would you paint right now, if you could?
Whatever that is, should tell you something about your heart.

So now what?
Are you ready to paint the art in your heart?
I dare you to move.
I dare you to dream.
I dare to let your heart burn today.
And tomorrow
and the next.

Until tomorrow.

Andrea








No comments: