Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 13~ The Art of Unity

What was on the top of your to-do list today?

Grocery shopping?
Cleaning the house?
Breathing?

Have you ever made a list of all the moments you could remember in a day, as you experience them?

I've done the journaling thing.
And I've done the grateful list thing.
But today, I just wrote down experiences.
And I did so, with the intention of somehow finding unity within each of these moments.

I'd like to begin with my favorite words I heard spoken from the mouth of an eight year old, that gave me a sense of peace and hope for our future generation.

She said, "My mom and dad had their anniversary this weekend."
When the words spilled from her mouth, my heart rejoiced in the knowing that her parents were still together. Still loving and living and sharing moments with her under one roof. Seems rare these days.

The other parts of my day went a little something like this...

"Jesus in Disguise" played on the radio.
I read Ephesians 2:10
I listened to a sermon by Louie Giglio about the greatness of our God.
He also taught me about the large star named Lucy, that is solid diamond.
I was challenged to go beyond the call.
I read a poem about ants with a child.
I read a poem about a wise old owl to each of my students today.
I read an article about multiple intelligences and learning styles.
I read about kids who are slow processors.
I received a sweet quote from a friend on facebook about being an artist.
I spent the evening with my family and with friends, laughing and sharing about our faith.
I am in the quiet of my home, reflecting and have no voice left. And my throat aches.

So what's the connection.
Where's the unity in all this.
Every bit of today relates back to the scripture.

Ephesians 2:10- For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Every piece of today was part of better understanding Him, understanding others, and understanding the world.
I read, listened, read some more, listened, and now here I sit.
Wondering if I payed enough attention? Or missed a slice of something?

There is unity friends in all we do and say.
The truth of His word will always unify.
You are a masterpiece and when we walk with the artist of life, he pours through us and we become the paint, the beauty of the world.

Find unity.
Seek connection.
Hide away from your fears
you'll find more art in your heart.

Until tomorrow,

Andrea





No comments: