Monday, April 8, 2013

The Bible's First Verb

The fifth word in the bible is a verb. 7 letters. and one of my favorite words ever.
Do you know what it is?





That's right, created.
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. That verse is the most awesomely/extraordinary/mind-blowing/ verse in the Bible's entirety. At least to this
simple-minded gal.

Today I taught my students about understanding the main idea in a passage. I talked with them about how our hearts and our minds are two organs we must have in our body in order to think and breathe. We talked about how those two organs are major parts, kinda like the major part in a story being the main idea.

The main idea of this verse is that God created.
Have you ever stopped and meditated on this verse?
I have been lately.
And the more I crave understanding, the less I seem to understand.

All I really need to remember is that God created.

That being said. God defined creativity. He delighted in His work.
We read throughout Genesis that God saw that His work was "good."

How do you use the creativity God gifted to you?
Do you delight in your work and call it "good"?

Try it.
Make something this week and regardless of what you think, call it good.
The more you do this, the more you will value your work.
And the more you value what you create, the more you will value our Creator and the creative gifts he has wrapped within you.

Place a verb after your name and make something friends!

b.Creative
andrea



No comments: