Saturday, October 20, 2012

Our homes improve our lives....

So this morning I submitted my entry to Oprah.com for her Ikea contest. Basically, I had to write a 750 word essay on how our has improved our life. The winner receives a $500 Ikea Gift Card. So, here is my entry. If I win great, if not, it gave me a great topic for my blog. I may add to it later.


     "Home is the nicest word there is." These words were coined by the famous Laura Ingalls Wilder, as she spoke of her home on the prairie. Our home has improved our body, mind, and spirit. Our home tells our story. It tells the story of who we were, who we are, and who we will become. It is our comfort when the world gets too loud and we need our "walls" for support.
   Just as 2 Corinthians teaches us that our body is the house in which our spirit lives here on earth, we believe our home is our stage setting for what is to come. We find comfort in a candle burning, our baby sleeping, chicken roasting, or music playing... those little things. We are blessed and thankful that our home offers us serenity, freedom, and joy. Thanks Oprah!

Thoughts?

No comments: