Thursday, October 18, 2012

We are what we eat, right?




We are what we eat!
I couldn't help but think this when I saw this picture of my son.

He l-o-v-e-s his feet.

When he is not downing his bottle, he can be found trying to cram all of his toes in his mouth!

It cracks us up.

As I watched him snack on his feet I started thinking about what I eat?
Not food to fill my belly, but the food I feed my mind and my soul.

 Soul food.

As I study the book of Colossians this month, my prayer is that it changes my pattern of thinking about the myself, others, and our world.

Colossians 2 teaches us that our hearts should be encouraged and knit together in love. This gives us a full assurance in God's love and his mysteries, even though we may not fully understand what those mysteries are.

I am trying to learn how I can better respond to people when I feel anything but love. In truth, people can be weird, frustrating, and downright rude. But guess what.... so can I. I need to remind myself of this when I am struggling to respond in love. We are all struggling Christians and if we gave each other grace more often than hate, what a different world we would love in.

Today, just for today, let us join together as Christian people and show love. If you don't feel like it,  well too bad. Do it anyway and I can assure you, you will feel better afterwards.

Be Blessed by Love!




No comments: