Thursday, November 29, 2012

Book Art

Have y'all noticed that soooo many pinterest projects involve tearing apart books?

At first, I struggled with this, since I am such a lover of books.

However, since I have been exploring with book art, I have a new love for tearing apart a book (mainly old ones).

Last year it was paper wreaths for me. This year it is Book art.

 Basically... I search through books, looking for great lines, along with pretty artwork and cut the page into pieces and puzzle it back together on cardboard. I recently went through the book, Words of Stone. This book has been on my shelf for a few years now and it was never a favorite of mine, yet it had some great lines in it that were memorable.

This is one of my favorite lines...

And then, because she wanted the way she felt at that precise moment to last forever, she stuck her head out the window and gulped the air that rushed at her face, hoping that it would work some kind of magic inside her. Hoping that it would make her life perfect in every way!

Ahhh-- I love it. Haven't you felt that way before. Times when you don't have a worry in the world and everything just is well with your soul.

So here is my creation. Put on cardboard and backed with a doily! I am making these for the Holidays. If you have an idea or favorite book that you would like turned into art for yourself or for a gift, let me know!
Be Blessed!




No comments: