Sunday, October 7, 2012

What Do You Collect?

purpose of home
We are always collecting. I like to think that I am more of a moment collector than a stuff collector. When you collect stuff it tends to serve a purpose for a time and then the stuff begins to collect dust. Soon the stuff is stored in a closet, not to be seen until you decide to clean out your closet again.

Moments are different. Well, sortive. Moments happen fast. Sometimes we are in control of them. Other times, we just experience them. Still, we collect them in our minds. Moments can collect dust too. Then, in the most unlikely moment, they come back to us- sharp- just like we were right back in that moment.

Smells always seem to take me back to certain times in life. Music can do the same thing. I am thankful for my collection of moments- the good-the bad-and the ugly. Yep, gotta be thankful for the bad and ugly too. They teach us to strive for the good.

 What is most important to you-- stuff or moments? I tend to think we all would say moments, but sometimes I know I can let the stuff matter more. This week, as you begin and end your day, think about the moments and memories you have made, past and present-- and reflect about future moments to come.

This week I look forward to taking my son to the doctor, organizing my closet, preparing for my business, celebrating our first Fig Tree event of the year, cooking dinner at home, and meditating on God's word. I hope the good outweighs the bad and I hope to clear some stuff out of my mind to make room for new.

Be Blessed!




No comments: