Saturday, March 26, 2011

Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake

Once again... while blog browsing, I ran across this amazing recipe on, Joy the Baker. This recipe started screaming, "Try me, Try me!" I listened and I am so glad I did. It was one of the yummiest 5 minutes my life has offered. (Yes, I downed it very quickly). Below is the recipe that I highly recommend making. It is so simple and only requires a few ingredients! The best part was the little marshmallow bits that swam up my straw while I was sipping away! Enjoy my Friends!
  • IMG_0405

Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake

Print this Recipe!

8-10 large marshmallows

3 large scoops vanilla ice cream or a heaping 1-cup of vanilla ice cream

1/2 cup of milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place marshmallows on skewer and toast until slightly charred over a gas flame. If you don’t have skewers or a gas range, you can toast the marshmallows on a sheet tray in the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes. Keep an eye on the marshmallows as they’re in the oven. They’re liable to burst into marshmallow flames pretty quick. Place on a plate to cool slightly.

In a blender mix together ice cream, milk, vanilla extract and toasted marshmallows. Save one or two toasted marshmallows to top the milkshake(s). Blend well. For a thinner milkshake add more milk. If you’d like it a bit thicker… add more ice cream. Pour into glasses and top with toasted marshmallows. Enjoy on the quick.



No comments: