Monday, March 7, 2011

Good to Great




I just started Chip Ingram's book, Good to Great in God's Eyes. I have been wanting to read it, since I have listened to the series on his podcast. The first chapter is titled, Think Great Thoughts. He spends time talking about great thinkers, such as, Augustine, C.S Lewis, and Martin Luther. From these great thinkers, we are still reaping the benefits of their thoughts. He believes that in order to live an influential, fruitful life for God, it is not possible to have a mind filled with flawed, pessimistic, cynical thinking. Later, he goes on to discuss the word, dwell. He found this greek word, logizomai, for dwell, was not a casual word. It means to deduce, to reason, to calculate, to ponder, to deliberate, to subject analysis or thought. He asked the question, Where do you dwell? What do you think about when you drive? What do you listen to at home? What channels do you find yourself being attracted to? This has really challenged me to take a step back and look deeper into my own life and ask myself some really tough questions. I did find comfort in this statement: God loves me at this moment as much as he ever has and as much as he ever will. Really? I'm as loved right now as I will ever be! Now those are great thoughts. So as Monday comes to a close, I hope this has offered a bit of motivation for the week ahead. Take time to ponder, to dwell, to notice the good that God is doing. And remember, you are today where your thoughts have brought you. You will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.

Be Blessed.


No comments: