Sunday, October 24, 2010

Praying about Peru

Daniel and I have officially decided to take our first mission trip! We have prayed long and hard and are really excited to visit Peru next summer. I have always wanted to go on a mission trip and it has never worked out, until now! We will leave next June, right after school. We will fly to Lima and will take a boat to Iquitos. We will be staying at a boys camp and will help sand boards, build, and varnish. Every night we will have a Bible Study and Lesson. We will sing songs before all the meals and make crafts with them as well. There will be about 40 boys at this camp, none of in which have families.


Talk about stepping out of our comfort zone. I am already praying that this experience touches our lives in a way that can only be done through God's love and mercy.


This song, Go light Your World is one of my favorite songs. I hope that I can take what God has given me and reach out to the lost and lonely, the weak and confused.


Go Light your World this week--

1 comment:

Robin said...

One of my favorites, too. Maybe we'll join you guys next time since we can't go this year.