Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Greatest List

Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah
Perez
Hezron
Ram
Amminadab
Nahshon
Salmon
Boaz
Obed
Jesse
David
Solomon
Rehoboam
Abijah
Asaph
Jehosophat
Joram
Uzziah
Jotham
Ahaz
Hezekiah
Manasseh
Amos
Josiah
Jechoniah
Shealtiel
Zerubbabel
Abuid
Eliakim
Azor
Zadok
Achim
Eluid
Eleazar
Matthan
Jacob
Joseph
Jesus

Stay with me now just for a bit.

This list (according Matthew) is the greatest of lists.
This list gives us hope.
It gives us peace.
It gives us salvation.
It gives us Jesus.

As I typed this list I realized there were so many people in the lineage of Jesus that I didn't know.
So today, my aim is to fix that.

Today I will begin my research at the bottom of this great list.
I will begin with Matthan.
He is the first unknown man to me.
Not even sure if there is much out there about it.
We will see if Google knows him.

Have a blessed day and as you write out your to do list today, remember the greatest one.
It's not a to do list, it's a to whom list.

And to whom do we all belong friends?
Jesus.

No comments: