Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Let "It" Be

"Speaking words of wisdom, let it be."

Everyone knows this song.
Everyone knows who sang it.
Everyone can at least sing the chorus.

But can we really live this song?
Can we really walk around and believe the part of this song
that tells us that there will be an answer and to let it be?

Some things are so easy to sing.

I want to give into the it part of the song.
The it is whatever God has planned and purposed for my life.
I just want to trust today and let the it happen.

The funny thing about it is that it can't be defined in the "now."
Once it is found, it suddenly carries meaning, and from there can be lived out.

For instance.
I knew last year I wanted to rent a studio.
I knew I wanted to tutor students there.
I knew I wanted it to be something more.
But I wasn't sure what that it was.

So I started dreaming.
Little dreams.
Big dreams.
Scary dreams.
God-sized dreams.

I kept replaying the line from "Field of Dreams" in my head, "If you build it they will come.

I turned the studio over to God, promising to use it for good and for His glory.
9 months later, I know a little bit more about my it and I've been letting God work, letting him build, letting him lead.


It is surrender.
It is faith.
It  is hope..
It is God

Let's let God do His work.
Let God Be.
Because He has the answers friends. 

What's your "it" you need to let be?

Remember, when you let it be, 
it can be well with your soul.

And that's the heart of life.










No comments: