Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Home Sweet Home

My husband and I are in the process of selling our first home. We are praying daily that the right person will come along! We are also looking to build in a neighborhood right next to ours. Of course our minds go a mile a minute about what we want in our new home. One small request I put in was for a Bedroom Makeup Vanity. I had a brass vanity when I was in Middle School and High School and absolutely loved it! Although I am not a fan of brass anymore, I am still on the lookout for a contemporary style vanity. Here are a couple of pictures I have found that I am considering.

Modern Style Vanity and Stool


Vanity tables date back to the early 1900's. The vanity become a focal point in bedrooms of Hollywood movie sets.Because of this, maybe I need to be sure to add a little vintage tough to the vanity. Cute perfume bottle or powder shaker. I remember my granny had a vanity and would sit and do her makeup. She always put on so much blush. She liked it. My granny always reminded the ladies of the family that "Pretty is as Pretty Does" So true sweet Granny!

Anyways: Here's to the Vanity!

No comments: