Thursday, March 14, 2013

My mystery card (from God)



Eight years ago this card arrived at my home on Meadowbrook Drive in West Virginia.
Each verse beautifully written and carefully selected for me.

Eight years ago, I was 22. Clueless. Fearful. Single. I'd graduated and accepted a Pharmaceutical Sales position 2 hours from my hometown. Life was one big ball of scary!

Things in my life were so uncertain and this was new for me because life had just always "worked."

So back to the card.

I remember opening it, thinking who in the world wrote this and signed their name as "God"
I called everyone who I suspected. None claimed to be "God in the card."

I never figured out who the card was from, so I just came to the conclusion that the great God of the universe must have just dropped me a little card in the mail as encouragement. Had to have been, right?

God wrote out 10 life verses for me. Here they are, with a little quick snippet of what they are teaching.

Romans 8:28- God is working for all things for good.
John 16:33- Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world
John 14:16- God will provide a comforter to be with us always
Matthew 10:30- The hairs of your head are numbered
Romans 5:3-4- Tribulation worketh patience, experience, and hope
James 1:2-3 Count it all joy!
James 1:9- Swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath
Romans 10:17- Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
John 15:18- If the world hated you, it hated me before it hated you.
Psalm 46:10- Be still and Know that I am God


Do you have verses that you feel like God constantly places in your lap?
If not, seek them, find them, listen for them.
They are there waiting for you!

I can not wait to take my card to Heaven one day and ask God to show me his handwriting and see if it matches this card!

In the meantime, I'll remember His words and thank him for


No comments: