Sunday, July 28, 2013

Belonging...Do you have a place?

Three questions for you, reader.

1. Where do you feel your best? In other words, what place allows you to embrace your best self?

2. What do you do in that place?

3. When do you go to that place and how often can you be found there?

Got your answers?

Here's mine.

1. Although I have many places that I love, right now that place is my studio. When I am there, I am embracing the unknown. My studio has evolved since it's humble beginnings back in November. Each day the shape of it changes and in turn changes me. I like that.

2. When I am at my studio, I think. My curiosity for life sparks. My imagination takes flight.

There, I tutor 8 brilliant students. These students are my teachers. They teach me about who they are and what they want to become. We spend time building upon their passions, while recognizing their areas of need and intended growth.
There, I teach creative classes. I watch people create and I encourage them to say yes to their ideas. I have witnessed some serious creativity in this creative place. They are my teachers and my friends.
There I throw parties. I've seen princesses paint and an expectant mom open gifts of expectation.
There, I meet with God and friends over coffee and bread.
It is there, I learn about life and love and living out what I learn.

3. I go to that place on Monday's, Tuesday's, and Thursdays, just for a few hours at a time. Sometimes I go down late at night when my home is quiet and my baby is in bed. I am away from this place more than I am present, because my other place is my home and I cherish my time with family.  I hope to one day spend more time there, working full time. But that's not my choosing. It's God's.

Think about that place  today, friends.
Think about what that place looks like, sounds like, and smells like.
While you're thinking about that place, embrace the place you're in at this very moment.

It's sacred. So belong there for now, and dream about what it may become.
That's all I did.

Enjoy your next flight
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Andrea



No comments: