Sunday, February 6, 2011

What does God Want From Us?

I love lists. I am always making a to-do list. Planning meals. Planning parties....with lots of lists...and more lists. It helps me.
However, in the short book of Micah, God reminds us of his short to-do list, regarding what He wants from us... "To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with Him." This is one of our pastor's favorite verses, that is now one of mine. So, this is God's "To-do" list! I ask myself how well I am doing with this list? Can I check these requirements off daily? In verse 8 it is very clear what God wants from his people..a loving heart and a Godly life. I am praying this week I am given the opportunity to work on this list and hopefully place a check beside each part of this verse. Be blessed this week!

2 comments:

jen said...

I love that verse. steven curtis chapman has a song that helped me to remember that scripture. you always have the best Sunday-thoughts, friend! Thankful for you!

Kati said...

i LOVe this verse and this picture! thanks for sharing