Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dr. Oz advice about our SKIN!

There are few television personalities that I listen to and believe about everything they say: When it comes to my house, I always believe Mike Holmes. When it comes to my cooking, I always believe the Barefoot Contessa (she is one of my favs). Lastly, when it comes to my health, I always believe Dr. Oz. I was perusing his blog and read a brief article about taking care of our skin. Following the article, was an interesting video of Dr. Oz explaining the importance of protecting our skin. Sometimes I forgot how badly our environment effects our skin... Below is the article and video. Enjoy!

Proper skin care helps to keep our outermost surface layer of skin intact. This layer maintains skin's overall hydration and serves as our primary defense against the environment, so keeping it strong and healthy is critical. Harsh cleansers, for example, can damage the outer layer by stripping essential lipids and moisture. Using a proper skin care regimen daily can help preserve this important protective layer.

Over fifty years ago, Dove® discovered the importance of moisture in maintaining healthy hydrated beautiful skin. Dove® believes that outstanding moisturization and mild cleansing can genuinely improve the look and condition of skin.

In this video presented by Dove®, Dr. Mehmet Oz explains how skin works and gives you tips for keeping skin healthy.

Copy and paste this in your URL to view.
http://www.sharecare.com/question/why-proper-skin-care-important/page/0#answer_PRD__4d1a0682369619_47870275

No comments: