Monday, November 22, 2010

Cupcake Fanatic

What is it about cupcakes? Lately, they are all the rage. Cupcakes in so many shapes, colors, and sizes. Cupcakes for weddings. Cupcakes for birthday parties. Cupcakes are everywhere. My very creative friend Tracey Harrelson is C-R-A-Z-Y about baking cupcakes. She has declared me an official taster of her cupcakes and I am MORE than okay with that. My husband had to get in on the testing too. So he is officially one of her testers as well. What I love about Tracey is her passion for baking. She will bake and bake and bake, until it is juuuuust right. I can guarantee you that within each of her cupcakes is a piece of her heart! Her latest batch of cupcakes were Snickers! Let me begin by describing the icing: smooth and creamy, not too sweet, with caramel and snickers on top. Below is a picture. Inside, she baked a mini-snickers that added to the amazingness of them!

Side-View (notice the cute polka-dot paper wrapper)
View from the Top
Lastly, I must tell you about Tracey's fabulous Cake Pops. She made these for me a few months ago and I can not tell you how excited I was to see these waiting on my desk at school one morning. I promise, if you had one, your day would be DELIGHTFUL! She made them again for our after school gathering today and they were a HIT! Everyone had to get 2 Cake pops since she made Chocolate and Vanilla! If you would like to see how she made these, you can visit http://www.bakerella.com for the recipe. There are lots of neat treats on this site! The picture below is of the Cake Pops she made today that are made to look like Musical Notes--- NOW that is something to sing about. All I have to say is BAKE ON TRACEY! You are wonderful!




No comments: