Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sundays Devotion

This weekend I have been reading a great deal about Mary (as in Jesus' mom). She fascinates me. What a woman she must have been. I took some time to write down words that came to mind when thinking of her character... words like-- holy, humble, simple, servant, trusting, and faithful came to mind. However, I think the word "sacrifice" should be attached to Mary's name. Her whole life seemed to be one of sacrifice. Mary's character shines as she accepted the responsibility of a virgin birth and being an eye witness during His death. In Luke 1:49, she proclaims that The Mighty One has done great things for me; and Holy is His name. These powerful words struck me! What if I woke up daily and said these words. What if my attitude throughout the day reflected these words. What if? Isn't this what God desires most? Mary may have been meek and mild, but she sure did have a lot of courage. Hoping to find a bit of her sacrifice and courage this week. Be blessed.

No comments: