Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day 2: Orange Beach, Alabama

A small city, along the Gulf Of Mexico.
Home to 5,400 residents.
And home to one of my favorite all time authors.

Orange Beach, Alabama has an area of only 15.9 miles.
But welcomes each crashing wave along its border.

I discovered this town after reading Andy Andrew's book, The Noticer.
In his book, he writes about a man named Jones and the perspective that he brought to Orange Beach.
I HIGHLY recommend reading this book!

The city was inhabited in the late 1800's by farmers and fishermen. They names the town based on the significance of the citrus crops.

Prayer for Orange Beach:

Lord I lift up this beautiful city surrounded by water and fruit. I pray for their health, their families, and their future. May each home be filled with your spirit and may the ocean call them out to the deep waters. May their city reflect your kingdom.

Amen.




No comments: