Thursday, November 14, 2013

Vista Views

I receive a text last night from my mom that says, "Oh my... Please go to Moody Radio when you have time and listen to Chris Fabry's Broadcast, Open Spaces...WOW. It has a lot to do with places and it's set to music."

I love when people share great sermons, or great music, or great anythings!
And I especially love the beautiful art of combining spoken word and gentle music.

WOW was the perfect description of this broadcast.

What mom didn't know was that the pianist that was featured in the show is one my favorites.
His name is Stanton Lanier. And His new album, Open Spaces, was the background music for the entire show. He shares his music and his story and uses Psalm 119 as meditative scripture to guide you through the words written by David--- the man after God's own heart.

Stanton Lanier Open Spaces Cover

Psalm 119: 44-46
"I will keep your law continually, forever and ever, and I shall walk in a wide place, for I have sought your precepts. I will also speak of your testimonies before kings and shall not be put to to shame."

What is your space? Where is your vista view?
God's palette is used every day.
He paints the sky, whether it be gray or pink or blue or orange.
He casts His creation upon us and wants us to experience the vista views of this world.
I believe He does this to unite the Heavenly kingdom with His earth.
But we get to see what we want.

I hope you take time to notice today.

And I hope you can find a space in your day to experience this broadcast and I hope it brings a few "wows" into your day.

No comments: