Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Unknown Treasure

I found it at Goodwill.
I liked the handle and the heaviness.
The color and the feel of it in my hands.

It was .59 cents

After a year, I finally decided to turn it over and see who made it.



Aletha Soule."Cool name," I thought.
I googled.
"What?" This mug, this beautiful piece of pottery I found for less than $1.00 was really worth $40.00 and was made by a passionate potter who worked from Soule Studio in California?

For the past year I had sipped my coffee from unknown treasure that had been carefully formed and created on the other side of the country. I didn't know because I hadn't looked.

I have a feeling we all have something or maybe someone in our lives that is like my mug.
My unknown treasure.
Maybe it's an antique that's been in your family that your grandma gave to you, but you never heard the story of its being?
Maybe it's a new friend who's story you haven't heard yet?
Or maybe it's more than that?

Maybe there is buried deep within our souls an abundance of treasures that are ready and waiting to be found? Treasures that have been there for years, but you just haven't looked within. You just haven't turned over your mug.

I'm praying for you. Right now in the corner chair in my room.
I'm praying you discover of unknown treasure.
Maybe in yourself? In someone elses? Or maybe on the bottom of a $1.00 mug?

It's waiting for you to see.


No comments: